Week 16 (30 November 2015)
- 90% of the raking out of the existing mortar has been removed from the Bell Tower and the Nave. The mason has commenced re-pointing of the joints with a new lime mix, starting with the high level areas on the southern side of the Nave.
- The high level stone which is proposed on the northern and southern sides of the Nave, have been tooled onsite and is now in the process of being installed.
- The required structural design solution which has come about, has been agreed to and is in the process of being programmed. The works required involve a considerable amount of anchoring and stabilising to the existing buttresses and parapet wall of the Nave. It is proposed to be completed in January so that Australian Slate can finalise the install of the Welsh Slate roof.
- The attached building to the Chapel which is proposed to facilitate the commercial kitchen, has its roof completed and is in the final stages of completing the lower awning roof, which will act as a servery to the lawn marquee area. External painting is programmed to be completed prior to Christmas Eve.
- The new balustrade and tiling to the balcony which will overlook the Bishops House will be carried out in the new year.
- The base fit out for the commercial kitchen has been DA approved and is currently proposed to commence in March 2016.
Photo Gallery (click to enlarge)