The Institute of Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea facilitate various social justice and welfare programs through their local organisation: Mercy Services.
These services focus on improving health, independence, and community inclusion:
- Community Aged Care Packages and Housing linked Aged Care Packages (Newcastle and North Eastern Lake Macquarie);
- Community Nursing Services;
- Dementia Monitoring and Support (Newcastle and Lake Macquarie);
- Domestic Assistance (Newcastle and North Eastern Lake Macquarie);
- Food Services (North West Lake Macquarie).
- Foster Grandparents (The Stockton Centre);
- Lake Macquarie Community Transport;
- Linen Service (Newcastle, Lake Macquarie and Cessnock);
- McAuley Parenting and Alcohol & Other Drug Services,
- Mercy Day Centre;
- Newcastle Elderly Citizen’s Centre;
- Personal Care (Newcastle, Lake Macquarie); and
- Social Support (Newcastle and North West Lake Macquarie).