Dominican Sisters

The Dominican Sisters were founded by St Dominic, in 1206 at Prouille, France. 

 

In 1867, eight Dominican Sisters from Dun Laoghaire in Ireland responded willingly to a request from Dr James Murray to bring Catholic education to the newly created Diocese of Maitland. For 8 years, the Dominican Sisters remained the only religious congregation of women in the diocese.

 

Today, this group serving in the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is known as the Dominican Sisters of Eastern Australia and the Solomon Islands.


 

Contact

Dominic Court
Unit 5/86 Station St
Waratah, NSW 2298


Contact: Jenny Gerathy OP
Ph: (02) 4968 2280
Website: www.opeast.org.au