The Diocesan Pastoral Support Unit (DPSU):
- provides support for parishes in their pastoral planning in line with the Diocesan Pastoral Plan (DPP);
- supports the work of the Diocesan Pastoral Council (DPC) and other diocesan councils - Liturgy Council, Social Justice Council, Adult Faith Formation Council and Ecumenical and Interfaith Council;
- supports the many diocesan pastoral ministries including Evangelisation and Catechesis of Children, Seasons for Growth, Hospital Chaplaincy, Prison Chaplaincy, Port Chaplaincy, Industry Chaplaincy, Youth Ministry;
- networks with other ministries such as the Year of Grace, Council for Australian Catholic Women (CACW), Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA), Natural Family Planning, CatholicCare Refugee Service, Aboriginal Catholic Ministry, Tenison Woods Education Centre (TWEC);
- connects with Apostolic Groups such as St. Vincent de Paul, Catholic Women’s League, Caritas Australia.
Pastoral Works in the Diocese:
When you contribute to the pastoral ministries of the diocese, your funds support many initiatives including the work of parishes and other organisations in the diocesan community.
Download the Pastoral Works brochure for more information.
The Diocesan Pastoral Support Unit is led by the Vice Chancellor for Pastoral Ministries who works closely with the Bishop in an attempt to provide the missionary outreach of the local church in the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle.